Something the 2021/2022 OAU Aspirants Must Know About their Admission Selection Process
One of the important things any aspirant of OAU of this admission session is expected to have heard is about how from the candidates of the recently written Post-UTME, OAU is and can only admit 40% of their NUC admission quota (I will expatiate on this quota and the 40% later, but first get why this is so). This is so because the COVID-19 lockdown made schools loose an academic session in 2020/2021, meanwhile JAMB was still running their admission session by continuing to conduct UTME and DE. This means for schools to be able to keep their academic session up with the admission session, they would not only have to cancel an admission session or merge two admission sessions together, but for any school merging two admission sessions up. They would also have to admit lesser than their usual NUC quota from each of the admission sessions they are merging together; this is the case of OAU.
OAU’s NUC quota as at the 2017/2018 admission session was 11,000 to be matriculated for an admission session. I know this because OAU admitted about 15,000 the said session and NUC had to put a check on that (that was the year NUC was hot and dis-accrediting departments and schools anyhow). This said session, OAU had to scatter the about 15,000 names they had cleared for admission to remove thousands of them so they could fit into their NUC quota. I do not know what the NUC quota for OAU is at this time, but let’s assume it’s still 11,000. This would mean the 60:40 ratio OAU is using to admit from the two admission sessions merged together would mean 60% of the NUC quota from one session and 40% from the other. OAU had admitted the 60% (6,600 of 11,000) from the 2020/2021 applicants who wrote the Post-UTME earlier in 2021, and the remaining 40% (4,400 of 11,000) would be admitted from the 2021/2022 applicants who wrote the Post-UTME later in 2021, and the two admission sessions would resume together in January 2022 for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Now, the important thing I said every aspirants of OAU of this 2021/2022 admission session must know is that OAU is only taking 4,400 no matter how many candidates passed the screening. Now, for your chances of getting admitted to be high, it has to be: (1) you have a really high aggregate score—in fact a score that is normally too high for the course you are aspiring for; (2) you have to know somebody of high office in the management (take this seriously); and (3) you have to be ready to do whatever it’d cost you for your name to be listed for admission this year. 4,400 is a very small number to pick from the thousands of people who passed the Post-UTME; admission can’t be on merit on this one. I wish you success as you find your way around getting the support you really need.